The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of AAUA HUMBOLDT-KOLLEG, 2018 is pleased to announce the Call for papers on the Theme “THE ROLE OF COMMERCIALISATION OF UNIVERSITY-BASED RESEARCH RESULTS FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT” scheduled to hold between 4th -7th June, 2018. The aim of the Conference is to provide a platform for capacity building and networking among researchers for national development. The international event will consist of a starting plenary session followed by parallel sessions. The official language of the conference is English. Papers of the accepted contributions will be published in the conference proceedings (electronic format).
Abstract Submission Guideline
Abstract should not be more than 250 words in Times New Roman font size 12, single spaced, all in Microsoft word. The abstract should contain title of the paper, full name(s), affiliation, email and phone contacts of the author(s). The corresponding author should be identified in multi-authored submissions
Submission of Abstract
The abstract should be emailed to: email@example.com
Deadline for Submission: April 30, 2018
All participants whose abstract has been accepted must register for the Conference. Participants are to log onto www.aauahumboldt2018.com to complete the online registration not later than May 15, 2018 and submit.
NOTE: Registration, accommodation and feeding are FREE for accredited participants
The Humboldt-Kolleg is targeted at all who are involved in research and innovation management in academic institutions, as well as those interested in undertaking cutting edge research. These include (but not limited to) Vice-Chancellors, Deputy Vice-Chancellors, Directors of Research Institute, Provosts/Deans of Faculties/Colleges/Directors of Centre and Institute, Senior academics and Researchers from universities and research institutes, Research Managers and Administrators, Postgraduate Students, Policy Makers, Industrialists and Investors, Environmentalists, Microbiologists, Biochemists, Physicists etc.
- April 30, 2018 : Deadline for submission of abstracts
- May 10, 2018 : Notification of acceptance of abstracts
- May 18, 2018 : Deadline by which presenting authors must register in order to have their paper included in the program.
- June 4, 2018 : Arrival and on-site registration
- June 4 – June 7, 2018: Conference Dates
- June 7, 2018: Departure
For general information and enquiries about the AAUA HUMBOLDT-KOLLEG, 2018, please contact:
Prof. N.A. Oladoja (+2348055438642)
Dr. I.A. Ololade (+2348101274690)
Mr. V. Adedotun (+2347066257502)
Important topics for the plenary session include but not limited to the following;
- Intellectual Property (IP) and related issues
- Partnering of academic institutions with the private sector/industries
- Translating knowledge into commercially viable products
- Capacity building for grants and proposal writing
- Research Funding Opportunities
- Next generation/Young Nigerian Researchers
- Challenges of conducting research in Nigeria
The major themes covered in the conference are:
- Knowledge production and commercialization in science and technology, humanities and social sciences.
- Sustainable routes towards environmental protection and energy conservation
- Emerging pollutants in the environment: fate and transport.
- Research in agriculture and food security
- Characterization and monitoring
- Ecological impact assessment and Risk
- Remediation strategies.
- Technology and communication
- Material science
All participants whose abstract has been accepted must register for the Conference. Participants are to log onto www.aauahumbldt2018.com to complete the online registration not later than May 15, 2018 and submit.